May 8, 2013

Ten Days For Mom (Day 6 - Definitions)


Mom. Mother. Mama, Momma.

No matter what you call them, Moms are amazing.

They can look at you and instantly know you are 'coming down with something'. They know what you are going to ask before you even ask it (no you cannot have one of Joey's new basset hound puppies). They know the perfect snack to go with the movie (popcorn and hot chocolate anyone?).

They invest so much time into their children and store up a plethora of information that would be useless to anyone else. Information like the exact way condiments need to be applied on a hot dog. Or how pant legs need to be folded before sliding into rubber boots. Which pillow is for sleeping on and which stuffed animal for cuddling. Which bedtime song brings the calmest sleep.





Sometimes I forget I am part of this club.  That I am now the information keeper, the bedtime-tucker,  the doll dresser, the bug catcher, the mind reader, the mom-doctor, a captive audience of one listening to tales of adventure and sporting accomplishments and video game triumphs.

Sometimes, if I really think about it, it seems crazy that I'm that person now. That I am Mom. That God has entrusted me with these special gifts, these amazing people. I wonder momentarily if He knows what He's doing.

But unlike so many houseplants, I have kept them watered, and fed and heart-nourished, and alive. So I have to say.... Go Me! and Go You too!! Go Mom for all the moms not quite sure how they made it to where they are, but living it anyway.

You Rock.

Now, keeping with the sharing theme I'm doing here, I want to leave a couple of links with you.

The first is (again) by Lisa-Jo. The (real life) dictionary definition of “Mother” is everything I would love to say in a well-worded, lovely-to-read post about Mothers.

The second is a word about Mother's Day and the mothers who may not be as obvious to others. The mothers who may not have little ones or babes born of their blood, but who are mothers just the same.

To those who are foster moms, mentor moms, and spiritual moms – we need you
To those who have warm and close relationships with your children – we celebrate with you
To those who have disappointment, heart ache, and distance with your children – we sit with you
To those who lost their mothers this year – we grieve with you
See the entire post over at The Messy Middle.


Blessings to you, Mama.
Until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...