October 4, 2012

Featured Blog - Time-Warp Wife

It's been too long since I have posted a feature blog, so today I am going to get back on track. My new featured blog is the Time-Warp Wife by Darlene Schacht. You're going to want to take a read at this one.

 The Time-Warp Wife's tagline is empowering wives to joyfully serve, and this is not an empty statement. Nor is this an easy task. Expressing a joyful attitude towards dish washing and laundry and other home management tasks seems a little far-fetched. Learning and growing into a woman who serves her husband well is certainly not the popular school of thought for women these days.

Yes, you read that right. It says serves her husband well. Darlene happens to write quite a bit about the 'S' word. No, no, not the S** word. Well, occasionally she writes about that one too, but I'm talking about the other 'S' word. Submission. Darlene writes about submission and being a help-meet (a God-word for helper) and serving our husbands. There I've said it.

Serving and Submission.

Confession time. When I first came across her blog, I thought Darlene seemed like a nice person but her ideas were a little much for me. Most people would consider hers an old way of thinking. Now just because a way of doing things is time-worn, that doesn't make it wrong or past its time, but I was still trying to fit modern world ideas into my own personal view of God. Her point of view certainly did not fit into that mix. At least not in my head.

Except something brought me back to Darlene's page.
And then I subscribed to Time-Warp Wife.

The more I read, the more I realized that she knows what she is talking about. I already live (or at least try to) what she has the courage to put into words. Our household is already running in the manner she talks about (mostly). My views didn't change. Instead, I was finally able to let go of ideas that didn't suit me or my family at all. And my views were finally put into words as I began to understand what she had been writing about all along. Now I have learned that submission and help-meet are not bad words. And hopefully I continue to learn, and grow into the help-meet that God has planned for me.

Darlene blogs about other topics as well and she offers a few great Bible studies and other printables.

Like I always say, don't take my word for it, go check it out.
Stop by Time-Warp Wife and read a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...