September 11, 2012

Just A Moment, Please?

I need to take a moment of your time, if I can?

If you notice, on the side of my blog over there -----> I have a banner about this month (September) being Compassion's Blog Month. Compassion International uses blog writers to get some of the word out about their organization, and to direct curious people towards their site.

It's a great idea. Compassion International benefits from the promotion. Meanwhile, the writers are all people who really believe in Compassion's work and they are happy to promote and contribute to the difference Compassion makes. I realize I am making this generalization without knowing even one of the other bloggers. If you have read their posts, you can understand how I feel safe to make this statement.

It's the reason I decided to blog about Compassion as well. And it's the same reason we decided to sponsor a child through Compassion. They don't ask a fortune from the sponsors which makes it easier to begin sponsorship, and to remain a sponsor. They are accountable with the money they bring in and they use less than 20% for 'costs' (administration and all that kind of stuff). Annnd, they really do make a difference. If you take the time to check Compassion out, you can understand why I want to support and promote this organization.

And that leads me to the other part of this post.

 I signed up to be one of the Compassion Bloggers too, and I really want to help out. This is something that is important to me and strong on my heart. But September as blog month.... our (home)school year has just started back up all crazy-like, and I have to tell you that I am not as organized as I could be....

What I am getting at is that I don't have a nice way to lead into this or really even a well thought out post.
I'm just barely keeping it all together at this point.  :)
Can you please just take a few minutes and go take a look at these beautiful children on the Compassion site for me. Pick one out or a group out (you can use search filters for areas or birthdates) and say a quick prayer for them. It doesn't have to be fancy. Just a hey God, send a special little shower of love on these little ones today please, will do.

I would really, really appreciate it and Lord above knows the little ones need every prayer sent from a loving heart. And honest, it won't take near as long as it did to read through this jumbled mess of blahblah.

Thanks  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...