June 30, 2011

Featured Blog - The Gypsy Mama

The featured blog this week is by Lisa-Jo, The Gypsy Mama.

Given that today is Canada Day, you'd think I would be featuring a Canadian blogger but alas, that would have required forethought and planning. And I had already decided to feature The Gypsy Mama.

All is not lost. Lisa-Jo has been to Canada at least, not to mention many, many other places. I admit I'm extremely envious of her "places I've been" list.

Now I don't want you to think this is a travel blog, although there are some posts about travelling.
Lisa-Jo writes about many topics important to all of us; family, marriage, children, motherhood.


She has blogged for Compassion International and she is community manager for another fantastic site, (in)courage.
Don't get sidetracked now. This is about A Gypsy Mama. My point is that she is recognized as a writer worthy of reading by more than just me. You don't have to just take my word for it.

Why do I read her blog? Because she writes as a friend, a sister, a mother, a wife and a daughter. She writes from her heart and shares it all with us. She has a sense of humor and adventure and compassion. She has survived travel that would kill me.

Seriously.
A 6 hour trip across the country almost
did
me
in.

And she writes really well. I'm never bored.

Right now she is in South Africa!

Stop by The Gypsy Mama. Read a bit.
I bet you'll see why I stop by too.

Happy Canada Day!

1 comment:

  1. Aw shucks - thank you so much for these sweet words - I so do love being able to give you all a peek into this country I love more than chocolate, and that's saying a LOT!! You honor me with your words.

    Warmest of wishes,
    Lisa-Jo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...