June 16, 2011

Featured Blog - Bohemian Bowmans

So. It's time for another Featured Blog. I think my blog is turning into a feature blog/flash mob blog. Not what I intended and I have many posts in the works but no time to finish them. There are simply too many great writers in Blogland and I subscribe to all of them.

Okay well actually I subscribe to 189 blogs (at last count). I spend (too) much time reading.
Knowing this fact, you must understand it can be hard to pick just one to feature. So many great writers.

But pick one I have.
This week I am focusing on Jessica's blog, Bohemian Bowmans.

I really enjoy Jessica's posts. Whether she is being silly about tomatoes, serious with plank pullin, or simply discussing life, her posts are well-written and filled with truth. I find myself smiling, laughing and nodding many times as I read her blog. I've even liked her Facebook page.

 And I'll tell you a secret. But no judging.
The real, real, real reason I like Jessica's posts... she uses 'y'all' when she types.
Yes, I know... it's an odd thing to make a person like someone.
But how can you not like a good y'all?

Now, I'm Canadian but if you know me at all, you know I talk strange. I speak a mix of Canadian language mannerisms, self-made expressions, expressions picked up online from friends across the world, a habit of using my verbs in the wrong part of the sentence (a little like Yoda but not that cool) and old fashioned slang (like groovy). This leads me to also use words like y'all even though I'm not remotely southern. As in, All y'all better get washed up for supper.

Anyhow, I digress. Head over to Bohemian Bowmans and read a spell.
I'm sure you'll become a fan and then we can enjoy her posts together.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when you pulled your y'all out of your pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha
    There's just something wonderful about a good y'all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...