May 20, 2011

Flash Mob Friday!

I have a confession to make.

I LOVE a good flash mob!

What is a flash mob?!?

A flash mob is a group of people who have conspired together to perform some seemingly random act, usually singing and/or dancing, in public or at some multi-peopled gathering, much to the surprise of everyone there (not already in the know). They have popped up on streets, in bus and train stations, malls, amusement parks and more.

There are also freeze mobs, which is a group of people who pick a specific time, meet in a general area, and then freeze like a mannequin at the pre-determined time. Hold position for XX minutes and then carry on as if nothing had happened. Neat to see but not as impressive as the flash mob, in my opinion.

So why do I love a good flash mob? Well just watch. The people involved are having fun and enjoying themselves so much. Not only to be singing and dancing but to be part of the conspiracy. To be in on the secret. And they enjoy surprising everyone else. Then there are the people who don't know what is going on. Their shock, amusement, surprise and eventually (usually) enjoyment of an impromptu show. Add in some feel good, spirit lifting, toe tapping music and how could you not like a flash mob?

Fridays will now become flash mob Friday here at Prairie Living. I hope you enjoy the weekly pick as much as I do.

This week I am going with my possibly all time favorite.

The I Believe She's Amazing flash mob was performed in Toronto at Eaton Center. The purpose of this flash mob was to kick off a feel good movement for women, based on a very much loved, dearly departed friend of Kim MacGregor.

Kim's friend, Erika Heller was one of those Amazing people that touch a person's life and make them feel special. I never met her but I know this because of the words written by Kim and the movement started by Kim in honor of Erika.

As you watch the video, notice the happiness on the faces of the dancers, especially the little ones... and how much the spectators enjoy it and walk away with a lighter step.

Once you have seen the I Believe She's Amazing flash mob video, head over to the I Believe She's Amazing website. Read about Kim and Erika and send in your own choice for amazing women that touch your life.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...