May 19, 2011

Fight on Jackson!

So my original post today was going to be about featured blogs. Since I read so many blogs (too many, if that's possible... and ohh it is) I plan to share my favorites with you in a feature posting on Thursdays. One blog a week, going through my reader list alphabetically.

Then I came across the blog for Jackson, a 9yr old boy with aggressive, terminal GBM brain cancer.

It breaks my heart. As a mother, I can not possibly imagine what his mother is going through. I realize I can't know God's plan and I'm only a little person in a big world but to me, it just isn't right. Cancer is a horrible horrible thing. I pray God gives Jackson and his family hope, strength and support.

Take a moment to stop by their blog and their facebook page.
Leave a message of hope and support for them. Include them in your prayers.

The Prayer of Faith

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. †
James 5:13-16 (NIV)

Fight on Jackson will be my Featured Blog this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...